Missoulians on Bicycles (MOBI) is a nonprofit organization established to promote cycling in western Montana. Since 1976 the bike club has hosted the Tour of the Swan River Valley-TOSRV West and the Western Montana Hill Climb Championships. Join MOBI
Next Club Meeting
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 7:00 p.m. at Adventure Cycling Association meeting room, 150 E. Pine.
Progressive Dinner Ride
Save The Date...
Sunday, October 26th, 2014 This fall MOBI tradition is a fun, social, moveable feast. We all gather at the starting house at 11:00 a.m. for appetizers and begin our ride around town eating a different course at various volunteer hosts' homes. We usually tally around 25 miles and at least 5 pounds for the day. Everyone contributes part of the meal. If you would like to participate contact Lech Szumera at 207-1225 or lszumera(at)gmail.com. You can volunteer your home as a stop or be assigned your part of a meal. Progressive Dinner venues are Appetizer, Soup (at Lech's house), Salads and Breads, Main Course, and finally Dessert.
Western Montana Hill Climb Championships
Sunday, October 5th 2014
Course Record Holder Joe Lemire is back after 27 years
- Thirty-six cyclists came to the starting line for this year’s Hill Climb. Temperatures climbed into the mid sixties during the event making for ideal conditions.
- Lewis Eliot of Arizona took first place in the men’s division with a 13:28. Lewis first rode the Hill Climb in 1992 when he set a record for the 12 and under category that still stands today. Second place went to Joe Lemire of California with a 14:23, setting a new record for the men’s 65-74 year category. Joe also owns the 35-44 year category record that he set in 1987, and the course record (12:54) that still stands.
- In the women’s division 17-year old Molly Hamilton of Bozeman took first place with a 16:39, a new record for the women’s 15-17 year category. Second place went to Sarah Raz with a 19:05.
- Sally Stansberry set a new record of 23:52 in the women’s 65-74 year category.
- Liz Ann Kudrna, of Bozeman, estabished a record of 46:39 for the women’s handcycle category. Now only two women’s records need to be established: Unicycle and High Wheel.
- The climb went smoothly thanks to the efforts of the crew of volunteers that put it together. Julie Huck was chief registrar assisted by Rob and Jennifer Milyko, and Wayne Vandeberg. Rob Milyko was course marshal at the starting line. Timing at the top was done by Jake Flaherty and Derek Gallagher under the direction of Dick Lane. Gage Poore was course marshal at the finish line. Geoff McMillion took care of prize distribution. Wayne Vanderberg arranged for refreshments at the at the top.
- Of course, we want to thank Missoula Bicycle Works for the use of their shop for registration.
2014 HILL CLIMB CHAMPIONSHIPS RESULTS
|JUNIOR WOMEN (15-17 years)|
|1-Molly Hamilton (Bozeman)||(new record) 16:39|
|SENIOR WOMEN (18-34 years)|
|VETERAN WOMEN (35-44 years)|
|2-Kim Seiber (Lolo)||24:43|
|WHEELMASTER WOMEN (65-74 years)|
|1-Sally Stansberry||(new record) 23:35|
|1-Liz Ann Kudrna (Bozeman)||(new record) 46:39|
|2-Sherene Rice (Bozeman).||78:50|
|NEW RIDER MEN (12 and under)|
|JUNIOR MEN (15-17)|
|SENIOR MEN (18-34 years)|
|1-Lewis Elliot (Arizona) (2013 winner) (12 & under record holder)||13:28|
|2-Josh Tack (2005, 2008, 2009 winner)||14:32|
|8-Alex Shafer (Great Falls)||19:22|
|VETERAN MEN (35-44 years)|
|2-John Sieber (Lolo)||18:21|
|MASTER MEN (45-54 years)|
|GRAND MASTER MEN (55-64 years)|
|2-Steven Palmieri (Polson)||19:39|
|WHEEL MASTER MEN (65-74 years)|
|1-Joe Lemire (CA) (1987 winner) (course record holder)||(new record) 14:23|
|3-Bill Elliot (Billings)||23:01|
|1-Jon Muir (unicycle record holder)||26:43|
|1-Meg Rogosienski/Ryan Witicher||22:36|
*denotes MOBI member
JOIN MOBI - Become a member online with Paypal or a credit card.
Club Ride Photos
Mission Mountains Ride
Georgetown Lake Loop
Trail of the Coeur d'Alene